Last night, while laying in bed, I was doing some reading and came across this scripture that I had never read before...
Proverbs 18:24- "A girl of many companions may come to ruin but there is a friend who shall stick closer than a sister."
I thought to myself, well that's nice, and I left it at that.
Five minutes later I was back, and I was reading this scripture again for goodness knows what reason. I mean, obviously this doesnt apply to me, obviously this isnt talking about me, so why can't I stop hearing these words?
"...there is a friend who shall stick closer than a sister."
And then it hit me.
This scripture is universally applicable to everyone. To anyone who has ever sinned. To anybody who has lost their way and felt like they weren't good enough. To anyone who has ever looked for love, looked for company, looked for friendship down the wrong path and in all the wrong places. These words were meant for everyone, including me.
My Lord You are so wonderful, so forgiving, so great. I am in AWE of You.
There is a very simple truth that illuminates my heart, and that is, in times of trouble, He is there. You never have to be alone. Thank You God, for once again startling me and making me smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment